How do I skin frames and borders on Windows 7 using Rainmeter?

Richie LaRocque June 14, 2012

I’m currently running a sweet desktop skin on Windows 7 using Rainmeter but whenever I open up a program or window like Windows Explorer the skin on the frame of the window and the background just revert to the original Windows 7 default shape, texture and color.

Is there a way to change it so that it looks more like the desktop skin I’m running?

1. ryandigweed0

Richie, Rainmeter is just a widget, system monitoring tool, or launcher. Its like a better version of "windows sidebar" which gives your more customization ability and programs, but if you're planing on getting some themes, skins, you'll have to look at some skinning software for windows 7 like Windows Blinds, or CustoPack Tools.

Windows Blinds is a paid application, so i don't use it. Rather i prefer CustoPack Tools.

Otherwise i just download UXtheme patcher to patch the default skin(because windows does not allow user submitted themes) and then search over forums or websites for a good theme to install.

I hope this helps :)

2. Laga Mahesa

Yes, WindowBlinds. Don't go there, though, unless you're willing to spend 10x the amount of time you've already spent on Rainmeter. :p