How do I send gallery pictures on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to an SD card and external drive?

Patricia McCauley April 23, 2013

I have Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. I bought an SD card & an external drive. I need to put all the pictures on the External drive. Also, I want to put certain ones on the SD stick so I can get them made into pictures. I’m 66 yrs old and my tab is awesome! But, I am SO dense when it comes to tech stuff. I appreciate your help. Thanks so much! Oh, is there a certain way to put this SD card in the tab?

The original Galaxy tab 10.1 doesn't have any SD card slot.If I can guess,you might be referring to Galaxy tab 2 10.1.

See comparison between two tablets for confirmation.If you see under memory section,you can see that tab 2 10.1 only has SD card slot.

Assuming you have Galaxy tab 2 10.1,follow the instructions to know how to insert SD card -

In order to insert SD card into your tablet,the golden coloured plates must be facing downside to ground and the brand name with description facing towards you.

Now,after inserting it,slightly press it with your small finger,you'll feel like pushing a spring and a sound might come conforming it has got inserted into the tab.

After that,you can see in the notification about the card being read and media scanning process is being carried out.

Now,in order to transfer photos to external drive,you would need to connect it to tablet via a USB port as the drive has USB cable but the tablet doesn't(since it has 30 pin port).

To overcome this situation,you have two choices -

1) Purchasing a $19.99 USB adapter which from one side will connect it with tablet and on the other side has USB port which will allow your external HDD to connect with your tablet.

Kindly have a look at this video to have a better visual understanding.

2) Connecting both tablet and external HDD to your Linux PC.You must not have any trouble for your tablet to get recognized by your PC.Use file explorer to transfer photos to and from tablet to external HDD.

install dropbox, then sync the photos to cloud from then sync to computer from the cloud then drag and drop to your external hard drive after connecting to computer.

The Unofficial Guide To Dropbox
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/download-using-the-magic-pocket-a-dropbox-guide

• Pat McCauley

thanks so much for your help. I don't have cloud or dropbox; but, am very anxious to install them and try this out. I really have SO much to learn.

This Youtube video tutorial seems to cover it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVKxzh4p8Y

• Pat McCauley

hey, thanks! That was a helpful video. I do, however, have the 10.1 galaxy tablet. I'm hoping the same instructions work.

4. babu vhora
    • Pat McCauley

Thanks so much. This was helpful. I didn't get to try it yet as I had gotten sick the day after I posted my question. I'll update later.