How do I run Windows 7 on a Hackintosh with OSX 10.8?

Marabhatina M October 21, 2013

I am running Mac OSX 10.8. I want to install Windows 7 on the same hard drive that I installed OSX on. I have 500GB hard disk and I have made three partitions.

I want to install Windows 7 on the third partition. I have formatted it in MS-DOS (FAT) format with disk utility and booted up with Windows 7 installation DVD and again formatted the third partition to NTFS format. The Windows installer says that: “Windows cannnot be installed on this drive”, then it stops the installation process there.

Did I make any mistakes?

When using the disk management during the Windows 7 installation it will always try to create a small hidden system partition used for the Boot Manager, Boot Configuration and BitLocker.
    I would assume that since you have already setup partitions on the disk this is the part where the Windows installation fails.

You should format the desired partition as NTFS beforehand e.g. using Disk Utility within OS X and then skip the Windows 7 Disk Management tool but just select this partition to be the target of the installation. That should fix issues related to a pre-partitioned drive.

• Marabhatina M

tried paragon Ntfs and created partitioned and tried to installed but the problem remains same anywhere thanks man for ur suggestion