How do I route a wired Internet connection through a VPN on Pear Linux?

acampb311 November 20, 2012

I have a Dell running Pear Linux 6 (based on Ubuntu) and was trying to configure it to use a VPN. The problem is probably due to my ignorance on the subject, but unfortunately several Google searches brought nothing to light.

I digress, I have internet coming into the computer through ethernet and want to connect it to a VPN. In the network connection manager it presents ethernet and VPN as two separate entities. I tried KVPNC but for some reason it crashes. Any help would be great…

1. Alastair Cock

Configure our VPN connection on your router and all devices connected to your network (Computer/Laptop, (windows, Linux, Mac ) Playstation, Netflix, Apple TV, etc) will automatically be hidden behind our VPN.

check here the top linux and ubuntu vpn and their setups

3. Adam Campbell

Alright, I figured it out. Jatin, I can use it on a mac so I am definitely not going to use windows also I needed it to cover all traffic i.e. email etc. so Tor wouldn't cut it. ha14, I tried what you suggested and for some reason kvpnc won't run... oh well. I was able to fix the problem by changing some of the advanced vpn settings in the connection manager. Thanks for the help.

perhaps to uninstall/reload sources/install? if you wish you can try!
    dpkg --remove kvpnc
    dpkg --remove kvpnc-data
    dpkg --purge kvpnc
    dpkg --purge kvpnc-data
    apt-get update
    apt-get install kvpnc

Internet & LAN Over VPN Using OpenVPN – Linux Server – Windows/Linux Clients – Works For Gaming & Through Firewalls

5. Jatin Rungta

Just Use Windows :P.
    Or you can use Tor Browser.