How do I root a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and save my apps?

Aboodi_CR7 January 30, 2013

I’ve bought Samsung Galaxy Y recently but when I try to install some apps like ┬áTango and WhatsApp it says “memory full, delete some files”. If I root it can I move apps from the phone memory (it’s memory is 128mb) to an SD card?┬áCan I move apps to SD card after root is complete?

1. Chinmay Sarupria
  2. Nevzat Akkaya
  3. James Lee

You can root your phone using this guide:

If you want to same your apps I recommend you an application called AppBak to backup and restore. You will find it into the Google Market. It's free, easy to use and very useful.

4. brenobs

try using Titanium Backup

install app2sd which can move some of the apps from phone memory to sd card without rooting the phone. after installing this app, it will also ask you where you want to save any app you have downloaded. But this app may not work with some of the apps that need to stay in the phone memory. If you really want to root your mobile then their are apps that can do it for you. read this to root

128 MB is very low nowadays and even if you use Apps2SD or any other app moving apps,they do require support from apps as the app must support moving to SD card.

So,in conclusion,you have to root your phone and install a ROM to move apps and remove any bloatware.

you need cyanogen mod rom

The S2E Way of Moving Apps to the SD Card for Solving Low Internal Memory Problem

how to enable apps to sd in cm7

Simple2Ext Guide on CM7

8. sanjay kohra

I am using it and it worked for me...

9. Abdurrahman Akram

I tried to do that before , but just two apps has been moved! others can't move to SD.