How do I reset and restore my Byond Mi1 Android tablet?

K. Harshith Nayak April 20, 2013

I have an Android tablet running version 4.0.4. The tablet name is Byond Mi1. Now, two days before I had set up a pattern lock my sister entered an excess number of wrong patterns and the device hard locked and started asking for Gmail username and password. I tried my Gmail/Play Store email and it never worked, even after trying all my email addresses.

In despair of unlocking I tried to delete everything from the memory and now the tablet is showing an Android robot with a red exclamation triangle popping out from its stomach. I read articles on the Internet about resetting the Android tablet but my tablet has no volume keys. It has a Home key, a power button and a reset button behind.

Please help me get back my tablet into its normal state – what should I try to get the tablet working again?

1. DalSan M

Have you tried to push the reset button in for 20 to 30 seconds to see if it fully resets the device? If you only push it in for 5 seconds or less, it will only restart the device.

2. Uchitha Jayathissa

If you can connect it to wifi, then you can Install HISUITE in the tab and pc and connect it through wifi for backups. Install Hi Suite in your PC--> Install HI Suite in your tab using google play--> There is a option to connect through wifi. enter the code given in your HiSuite in tab. you can backup. then Try installing/resetting. while doing this please tryout the PDANet application. that might be useful for connectivity faults.

Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset

4. Chris Marcoe

So, it has a reset button, but it doesn't work? And, are you certain there are no volume buttons? They might not be very prevalent.

perhaps you need to install new firmware if Windows recognize your Android

Forgot password/pattern unlock of Android Tablet
    http://mytabletguru.com/forgot-password-pattern-unlock-of-android-tablet/

6. Uchitha Jayathissa

As my experience, Huawei Android Suite, "HI Suite" can backup and restore any Android TAB/Mobile. First install HISuite from "www.huaweidevice.com/hi-suite-en" then Turn on USB Debugging in your Developer Settings in your tab. Plug it to USB, let HI Suite install its agent application to the Tab. then, Backup all your Data to the PC. Reset or do whatever you do.... then Turn On USB Debugging again after resetting and Plug it to USB , Let HI Suite install the agent app, Restore the Data Backup to the TAB. I have tested this with some Android Tabs including Nexus 7, and Some Android Mobile phones.

• K. Harshith Nayak

The problem is I am not able to access the settings, to turn on the debugging mode. My device is also not getting detected at all.

• rishipreetam

i set pattern my brother enter so many patterns and it ask gmail and password i enter the gmail and password so many times but it not work later i install hisuite and plug usb cable but usb connection is not working so you can help?