How do I remove these adverts that appear on every web page I view?

Dr.sunil V July 12, 2013

How do I remove advertisements from a webpage which appear all the time? I am fairly sure they do not originate from the site, so I am thinking maybe I have malware. These ads appear on every page, and mention that they are not from the webpage.

How can I remove this?

1. Tony S

Use Adblocker for browsers

2. dragonmouth

You can also install NoScript add-on. It will prevent the excution of any scipts on a page. However, it sometimes stops the execution of necessary scripts. Also many of the MUO staff are convinced that the use of NoScript will destroy the Internet.

3. Chinmay S

First of all, remove all suspected browser addons and extensions. Recently i was also getting ads on every page including facebook profile page. Then i removed a addon which i never installed. It was called hosts. If you also have something similar, remove it or use anti-malware.

4. Bhavesh S

Adblock Plus lets you to regain control of the internet and browse websites the way you want to.The add-on has dozens of filters from all known malware domains thus it also prevents your computers from incoming malware scripts and viruses. You can also customize the ads type in filter option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.The ABP also blocks Google adsense ads shown from the websites and might slower down the performance of browsing speed.

Reference : http://www.ehowportal.com/block-forced-advertisements-browser/

• Dr.sunil V

Pl note that the promos are not of page but irrespective of any webpage

• Dr.sunil V

Can you pl tell whether it could remove browser addon which may be causing this

it should, when Adwcleaner scan pc it will generate a report so there you can see what will be removed.

6. Paul P

Try Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware or both. They should clear up the infection. SuperAntispyware has a special mode that you can choose from the start menu that renames itself with a random name and then starts (I think) so that a virus won't be able to detect that its superantispyware that is starting and is about to take it down.

• Dr.sunil V

I understand
      .
      Regards,
      Sunil

7. NoIQ

Use Adblock Edge
    Why do I advise to not Adblock Plus?
    Adblock Plus shows “acceptable ads” by default, seems to have more memory than usage Adblock Edge and reports of memory leaks.

• Dr.sunil V

Can it also nullify a browser addon or extension which causes promos on any page

• Susendeep D

Yes.

As others have indicated, Adblock will block adverts within a web page. If you are getting additional adverts (for example, pop ups or ones that display regardless of which page you are viewing), you may well have malware. In this case, you should:
    1. Do a full scan of your system with your anti-virus
    2. Download Malware antimalware-free and perform a full scan (this will take a LONG TIME!)
    3. Within your browser, check that your home page and Search engine settings haven't been tampered with (and reset them if they have). Also, look through the extensions/add-ons to see if there are any items there that shouldn't be, and remove them.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks Can it also nullify a browser extension which causes promos on any page

9. Alex T

Use Browser extensions - AdBlock, AdBlock Plus etc.

10. Omstavan S

you can use adblocker plug ins for your browsers. go here in your chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/adblock?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

• Dr.sunil V