How do I remove the Guest account in Windows 8?

Kamil K July 4, 2013

Hi. How can I remove/delete the guest account in Windows 8 64-bit? I know how to turn it on and off but I want to completely remove it. Thanks :)

1. frank

maybe because its constantly displayed on my logon screen. when logging in im shown two of my accounts to logon to. why when I only use 1 which is my manin [admin logon].

2. Alan W

A guest account cannot be removed in any version of Windows just disabled. If you are the only Admin account then nobody else would be able to see it so why would you want to completly remove it?

You can't delete it (as far as I know), but you can disable it, so logging on as guest would not be an option. The following article - http://forum.technical-assistance.co.uk/activating-the-guest-account-in-windows-8-vt1795.html - explains how to activate the guest account. Simply follow the instructions but deactivate the account instead.