How do I remove the comments I left on website comment sections via Facebook?
Question by Gustavo Costa /

Hello!

I would like to find the Facebook comments that I left in the other sites comments walls so I can delete them. How?

If its is impossible, do I need to remove my Facebook account so that the comments will disappear and then register a new account? Will the comments still be there even if I delete my account?

Thank you all!

• Jacques Knipe

Usually your timeline has a history of all the comments you posted all over the web. You can just go delete it from there if I’n not mistaken.

• Mohit Agrawal

Hi, I Agree with Paul Pruitt, that comments you left on website can be only deleted by the administrator/moderator on their website. rest what you can do is delete/hide from your activity log.

deleting account is not the option for the same.

• Jay.0

Talking about this ?Find your comment, hover your cursor and edit or delete.

https://twitter.com/thejay_0/status/292335916415086592/photo/1

• Mahesh Kumar

The comments will remain to stay in the website.It cannot be removed..

• Charles Yost

You can try all you can to delete something from Facebook, but they will always have it stored somewhere.

• Paul Pruitt

Try this and see if it works:

1. Log onto Facebook.
    2. Put your user name on the end of the Facebook address. So for you it might be https://www.facebook.com/gustavocosta22.
    3. On the middle upper right side, select “Activity Log”.
    4. Scroll down on the lower left until you find the sites listed where you want to remove comments. When you find the site that you logged in with Facebook click on it and find the posts then click on the pencil and delete them

For instance say I made a comment I regret in CNN. I find CNN in the list of sites on the lower left of the Activity Log after “AIl, Timeline Review, Your Posts, Posts You’re Tagged In, Posts by Others, Posts You’ve Hidden, Photos, Likes, Comments”. I find the comment I made I don’t like in the vertical calendar, click the pencil and then click delete from TImeline.

Either that or click on the people icon and click on “Share only with me.”

This method may only hide or delete the comment from your timeline, not from the site. I will do more research.

perhaps to contact them and ask to remove your comments

• Saurav Azad

login to your facebook account and go and check the site you remember you posted comment . and check the my account tab on the site you would get some settings to remove them .

The comments do stay there and even if you delete your account.