How do I remove an apps side bar from a Samsung Galaxy S3?
Question by Jim Symeou /

A tab has appeared (?) on the left hand side of the screen of my Galaxy S3. When you slide it to the left all my apps appear in a long list. I don’t know where it came from and don’t really want it. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Cbass

Thankyou Andy. To everyone that posted that you need to remove an app: you have no clue what you are talking about. With this situation and I presume most other situations you encounter in life. You speak before you know what you are talking about. If you’re 14 and know everything, then I understand. If not, please shut up.

• Praveen Regatipalli

Press and hold Soft key (return). This would enable / disable the side panel. This panel came with resent autoupdate.

• Hanna G.

press the back button for 5 seconds

• DalSan

As Andy suggested, the option to disable it is in the notification bar. It is called Multi Window, so just deselect it and it will disappear. It comes in handy should you want a split screen of two compatible apps running at the same time, like the default browser in one half and email in the other, or browser and Polaris Office. More information here on how to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2nTnNQHOw.

• Andy

Pull the menu down from the top, scroll across to the right and uncheck multi view.

• John

Thanks Andy; works a treat. I wish Samsung would supply more info on these types of issues.

• Kel

Thanks, Andy!!
      I agree John. For such a great phone the rest has a bit to be desired. Thanks for the community spirit :)

• Greg Connor

Nice Andy. They do tell you but its as your installing and alks you want to do is use it not read pop ups

• nicole

thanks! great advice

• Michelle

Thanks Andy! So much help!

• Graham

Thanks very much … so simple and exactly what I was looking for!!

• Shelley

THANK YOU!! It was making me crazy! :)

• MikeS

Thanks! That works.

• Renee

Thanks Andy exactly what I needed simple & non-complex solution

• alex

Thank you! That did the trick. : )

• baby lala

Thank you Andy!!!!! Your the best!!!!!!

• Nicole Y

Thanks Andy..I was like..what just happened? Easy fix.

• Karen

THANK YOU!! Its been bugging me. It just decided to show up on my phone today and its terrible. Too cluttered.

• Patrick

You the man Andy. That thing has been driving me INSANE., Thnx broham.

• Michelle Rennoldson

Thank goodness I found your answer! The idea was goid but the tab sticking out was a pita. You are the only one that gave the right answer. Thanks

• Craig

Worked a treat – no more hassles

• Angie

Thank you. Fixed my problem.

• Lisa

Andy – you are my new hero – thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Antonio

Thanks :-)

• Jessica

Thank u Andy!!

• SK

Thanks. This was the issue!

• Tracy

THANK YOU. That thing was so damn irritating, made me want to the throw the phone against the wall. Thank you for saving me from becoming an alcoholic and having to buy a new phone. Big ups to you!

• Gene

Thanks Andy. Simple and effective. That tab was starting to irk me.

• DP

Thanks Andy!!!

• jaymeeyh

Thanks Andy! Was really bugging me! Went through all my settings, who would’ve known it was that easy!

• jason

Thanks Andy, I appreciate it. Do you know how to root a phone so I can remove unwanted factory apps?

• tanya bach

thanks. perfect

• jenny

this works. THANKS

• Skynyrdgirl

Thanks….fixed it!! Hated that darn bar.

• Ahmed Musani

press the home screen button for 2 seconds and change it to HOME. then uninstalll using application manager.

• Silhoutte james

You have to uninstall it using the Application Manager. From the Home screen,press the Menu button then go to Settings->Application Manager. Choose your application and then press Uninstall or Disable.

did you installed a new launcher? a new application if yes uninstall.

• Barbara

Thanks Andy! I actually like it but mine disappeared when I changed my wallpaper. Got it back :)