How do I regain access to Facebook after it was taken over by another site?

Jonnie Brown February 20, 2013

Another site called “Hi.” kept posting on my timeline. I used AdBlock to eliminate it and it blocked all access to my account.

I tried to remove and hide the page through regular means. Each time I logged on to my timeline, it came back. Eventually, it only showed the “Hi.” page which showed a “Sign in to Facebook” option through their page. I then used ad block to remove the page, but after that when I signed into Facebook, I only get a blank page.

I tried to unblock the page via AdBlock but was unsuccessful. None of the information on the Facebook Help page (which I accessed by going directly to it from the net) relates to this problem. There is one comment on how to deal with a page you cannot see. When I select this issue, it takes me to a blank page. I have spent hours trying to get back on my account. I do not want to open a new account since I would loose my past history of friends, games, and so on.

Please help. There seems to be no way for me to write Facebook directly. I have requested that they contact me at the email address (which I list) connected to my account. No luck. Thank you for any help you can give.

1. Nevzat Akkaya

Maybe some of your addons or facebook extensions cause this. Did you try another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) or signing in from another computer? Can you access it properly from a smartphone or tablet and see all your previous posts properly?

2. deasha johnson

how can i get facebook to come up on my own wi fi

is it on windows (which OS), try to reset the router.

3. sadia seher

hey, this is sadia i just wanted to tell that my yahoo and facebook accounts are hacked i dont know what to i tried a lot but i coudnt do anything about it and i also dint remember the security questions.
    if its possible then please help me..........

4. shaurya gupta

I guess you need to block the app...

It is probably an app that you signed into. Go to apps and unassign the app.

6. Yudono R.A.

you could check your "facebook setting", and open the apps setting.
    after that you can check the apps you're installed on fb, maybe you accidentally click some dodgy apps on fb and giving them some access, (you can just clix "x" and remove it from your fb)