Jonnie Brown

How do I regain access to Facebook after it was taken over by another site?

20 Feb 2013
Mac
Safari 6
20 Feb 2013 | Mac | Safari 6

Another site called “Hi.” kept posting on my timeline. I used AdBlock to eliminate it and it blocked all access to my account.

I tried to remove and hide the page through regular means. Each time I logged on to my timeline, it came back. Eventually, it only showed the “Hi.” page which showed a “Sign in to Facebook” option through their page. I then used ad block to remove the page, but after that when I signed into Facebook, I only get a blank page.

I tried to unblock the page via AdBlock but was unsuccessful. None of the information on the Facebook Help page (which I accessed by going directly to it from the net) relates to this problem. There is one comment on how to deal with a page you cannot see. When I select this issue, it takes me to a blank page. I have spent hours trying to get back on my account. I do not want to open a new account since I would loose my past history of friends, games, and so on.

Please help. There seems to be no way for me to write Facebook directly. I have requested that they contact me at the email address (which I list) connected to my account. No luck. Thank you for any help you can give.