How do I record BBC radio with Streaming Audio Recorder Plus?

Li J July 9, 2013

I have installed audio recorder software called Streaming Audio Recorder Plus. BUT when I double click the icon, it doesn’t work, just pops up windows then disappears suddenly. So what can I do?

1. Aleesha Lewis

It's hard to find programs that will work in a lot of different places. It could be that the site you are trying to save it from has that product blocked. (Unless it just won't open in general, in which case it might be an error with the product). There are other products to save streaming audio you can try, and I'm pretty sure the torch browser works in most circumstances (it has a built in media grabber and they seem to keep it pretty up to date).

It seems to me that you might be using their trial(free) version of its software.Such softwares cripple their free versions forcing the users to upgrade to full version(paid).

I don't know this particular problem, but agree with Hovsep, sounds like a permissions problem (or possibly a compatibility issue, is it definitely compatible with your version of Windows?). If you can't fix this, try Any Recorder, Free Sound Recorder or Absolute Sound Recorder, all of which do essentially the same job - record the sound card output.

have you tried to run as administrator?
    also right click on Streaming Audio Recorder Plus exe then go properties then click on compatibilities then check the box Run this program as administrator and reinstall the application

• janewen

Yes, I have tried to do as you say, uninstall Streaming Audio Recorder Plus and reinstall Streaming Audio Recorder Plus, to my surprise, it gets OK. Thanks!

• janewen

I just do what you have said, and uninstall Streaming Audio Recorder Plus, and then install Streaming Audio Recorder Plus again, to my surprise, it gets OK, thanks for your advice!

thanks for your feedback, glad that problem was solved with you:)