How do I prevent Facebook from notifying me about an app request or event invite?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda November 13, 2012

I get a lot of event invites and app requests that find their home in my notification menu. I would like to find out how to prevent these requests from reaching my notification box, as they do get very annoying after a while.

1. Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

I'm trying to find out how to block *all* app requests from *all* users, not how to get them to be sent by email, or block individual apps or users. Please help.

• hill550

There is no way to block all app invites. You can only block individual apps or app invites from individuals. I have about 150 apps blocked and I only get 1 or 2 invites a day... and I have 700+ friends. Every invite I get I add that app and that friend's invites to the block lists.

2. Vishal Mishra

go to account settings > notifications and then turn of all which are not necessary .

3. Boni Oloff

You can disable it like Dave said. Or you can just make filter to organize the email in your inbox.

4. Rashade Faulkin

go to facebook click on the page that you are talking about and unsubscribe to their facebook posts. its easy as that.

5. Dimal Chandrasiri

turn off notifications regarding app invitations by going in to the settings page!

6. Drew Butler

I don't use Facebook anymore but thought I'd add that if its communications from specific apps that friends are sending when you deny the request you can choose to block further requests from the specific app; along the same note if you have a friend that seems to spam apps all the time you can block app request/invites from that person and that is all that will be blocked and they won't know either.....

7. Pwince Khan

you must click the cross sign everytime for every new app beside the notification...

8. Pad Pub

One possible way out could be to turn off all the apps. There is an option in the Privacy settings for that purpose. To do so, visit Privacy Settings -> Ads, Apps and Websites -> Apps you use, and then in that section click on Turn off Apps.

However, if you turn off all the apps, you'll also not be able use any apps, though you can continue to use Facebook as usual.

9. ayush padia

By changing the account settings

10. Aswin Kumar K P

goto Account settings -> Notifications and uncheck all the apps that send u email.
    else in the notification u see just click X button near the notification.then press Turn Off and thats it...

11. maria

yes, i also want to know, it's annoying

12. Daniel Ooi

go to app center, hide the request and block the app from the future notification

13. rohit pandey

1. go to Privacy Settings --> Block Lists --> Block app invites.
    2. find the name of a person which you want to block fort future invitations.
    3.u are done..

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Is there an option to block app invites from everyone?

14. Dave Parrack

Go to Account Settings in the dropdown menu at the extreme right of the top bar. Then click on Notifications and edit on which occasions Facebook will send you an email. Simples.

• Douglas Mutay

Dave is right. The better option would be to receive them in a single email and just delete it. Since they are coming from app request you might not be able to prevent them from coming because they are probably come from your friend who uses them.

• Ahmed Khalil

Yes it is good idea to collect all notifications in one email