How do I mark questions as resolved with the new Answers design?

Rajaa Chowdhury February 28, 2013

Earlier, to mark the question resolved, we used to get an option in the box below the question posted. With the new outlay, I am not seeing any option to make the question marked as resolved. Kindly help.

1. Tina Sieber

Hey Rajaa,

Since you asked a question, you probably figured this out in the meantime.

For everyone else, here is how it's supposed to work:
    The OP (original poster) will see a check button next to each root level answer. The button is somewhere in the top left. When clicked, that answer is designated Best Answer and moved to the top of the list.

2. Sukanya Sadhu

it is not an answer,but i couldn't help myself laughing seeing this question. and if u got your answer don't forget to mark this question as resolved.

3. Rob Hindle

I guess the missing piece of information here might be that most of us don't see the "tick best answer" button , only the guy who asked the question can decide which answer is best, so only he can see that button..

4. Unknown ...

I too was having problem with marking [url=http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/can-i-remove-the-android-boot-and-shutdown-animations-safely/]a question[/url] resolved. I tried it many times, refreshed my page, came again after few hours to mark it but didn't worked. But now somehow I managed to mark it resolved as I'm writing this.

• Tina Sieber

We recently changed the comment styling and the way a question is marked as resolved. Now you pick a Best Answer and the question is automatically marked as resolved. Previously, you marked the entire question as resolved, but couldn't highlight the best question. You probably picked a Best Answer. :)

You have to select the best answer button which do show up when you are logged in as James has explained it in the below link -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/how-do-i-mark-a-question-as-resolved/

" Kamil, you should notice now that beside each Answer is a check mark (a tick); if you click that, you’ll choose the best Answer. We haven’t had time to explain this fully yet, as this waas only introduced yesterday. "

This feature allows the correct and most appropriate answer to go to top of the list.

Pick the answer that satisfies your needs best check the box marked Best Answer or something like that and it will mark the post as resolved.