How do I map DNS with GoDaddy for my Google Apps domain?

Pavan Kumar December 13, 2012

I registed a domain with Google Apps in August 2012, and now I have bought a Linux hosting plan from GoDaddy. I want to host a Joomla site but need to know how to map DNS redirect or transfer my domain. I don’t want to pay for the transfer or redirect?

How can I get my domain pointed at my Joomla site?

1. Tim Brookes

Just passing on what GoDaddy tweeted to the @MUOAnswers Twitter account:

"@MUOAnswers You log into your Google account by going to google.com/a/YOURDOMAINGO…. Com - Then go to manage dns and set as needed. ^C"

See the original tweet. I'm sure if you need more help you could ask them and they'd talk you through it!

2. Jurmy Chris

Mapping your Google Sites website to your custom domain is fairly simple, really. When you take out all of the technical terms (DNS, CNAME, subdomain, alias, etc...), mapping a Site to your custom domain is not all that complicated. As I mentioned before, there are really just two parts to this whole thing:
    You need to tell your registrar/DNS host where to send requests for your subdomains ("www", "mail", "sites", etc.) by entering the CNAME pointing to ghs.google.com
    You also must tell Google what to do with requests to the subdomain specified in #1 through either your Site's "General" page, or your Google Apps control panel

3. Michael Angelo Sevilla

Hi there!

On my own understanding, it seems you wanted to create custom web addresses for your Google Apps.

Please do take some time to read this article from Google Apps Documentation and Support: https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=53340&topic=29260&ctx=topic