How do I manually add saved passwords into Google Chrome?
Question by Chris C /

Hello. I’ve been running into some problems getting Google Chrome to automatically save certain passwords that I enter, like from Facebook, Yahoo!, and Gmail. For some reason when I log into those accounts, Chrome doesn’t offer to save the passwords. I don’t have any websites on my never saved list so I don’t understand why Chrome doesn’t offer to save the passwords automatically. My idea to resolve this is to add them manually if that is even possible. If so, how do I do it? Thank you for taking the time to  answer this question thoroughly.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

if interested you can get LastPass premium from Makeuseof in exchange for some points
    http://www.makeuseof.com/rewards/

• Alan W

There is a healthy discussion with possible solutions here:
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/8rZFY22zJ1c
    Personally I use LastPass to manage all my passwords.

• Sebastian S

You can’t enter them manually. But you can manage saved passwords, and opt to offer to save passwords.

Click the options icon in the top right of chrome (the three horizontal lines) > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Passwords and Forms > Check the box that says “Offer to save passwords I enter on the web” you can also click next to it ‘manage saved passwords’ to see what ones it has stored for sites.

On very few odd sites it doesn’t work but for most sites there should be a fairly discrete page wide bar that drops down from the top of chrome to offer, sometimes you have to wait up to 10 seconds before it properly comes up this happens to me a lot.

Hope this helps

• Chris C

Thank you! I just checked and it appears as though that box was not checked.