How do I make a mouse wheel scroll slower?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda February 7, 2013

How do I make a mouse wheel scroll slower? I have a wireless mouse of some sort, and a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 7 Home Premium. I tried going into Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse > Wheel > change the number of lines to change vertically to 1. I also tried changing the settings so only one screen is moved at a time. Neither of these worked the way I was hoping they would.

1. Javaid Hussan

if you tried all under given instructions and problem still persist after installing the driver from manufacturer company then it is either your posture which is causing jumps in mouse movement(try to hold mouse in a relax way and move it more gently ) or mouse hardware is not right, put a complain with vendor or/and the manufacturer.

2. Rakesh Pal

this function is inbuild in os .....follow this step where you can slow your mouse wheel is slower..Control panel; Mouse; wheel; adjust amount of lines at a time;

3. PRASHANTH SINGH RATHORE
  4. PRASHANTH SINGH RATHORE
  6. Peter Norkawich

Control panel; Mouse; wheel; adjust amount of lines at a time;

7. Ashwin Ramesh

Head over to Device Manager on your computer. Click on "Mice and other pointing devices". Right click on your mouse and disable and enable it. Restart your computer and try. If that doesn't help, click on your mouse in the device manager and navigate to Action >> Uninstall and restart your computer. You should see your mouse up and working when you restart. Then try going to Control panel and slow the pointer speed.

To identify your mouse, download and install Speccy from Piriform. Run it and open Peripherals to find your mouse. Go to manufacturers support site, download and install driver.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

It says the software is already installed on the computer. Would I need to uninstall it?

• Jim Chambers

Does it say the driver software is already installed? Is it a Windows generic driver (HID compliant device) or a specific manufacturers driver?