How do I know if there are eBooks like mine already on the market?

Anonymous July 9, 2013

Hello,

I am trying to put together a eBook about how to refine gold from old scrap e-waste. It is a short eBook but has all the information required to retrieve gold from old computers and electronics at home using household supplies.

My question is: how do i know whats already out there on the market? Do I need to worry about copyright laws?

Editor’s Note: Consider methods of searching, indexes, ebookstores etc in your answers! :)

To find out what's available:
    1. Search Amazon
    2. Search a good library catalogue (e.g. Library of Congress, British Library). You could search for a keywords such as "e-waste" and "gold", and obviously you'll need to trawl through the results to see what's relevant.
    If you want to be more thorough, go (physically) to a good public library, or to an academic library, and ask for help from a librarian. In my experience, they are usually delighted to help with such matters.

You don't need to "worry" about copyright in the sense that if you write the book, the copyright is yours, but you should assert your copyright and the year in the body of the book (just open any printed book to see the format) and would do well to register your copyright in the UK (in most other countries there is no central registry in which to do so).

have you tried to go to library and search there they should have extended database