How do I install the network drivers for Snow Leopard?

Cougar Onondogawah May 23, 2012

I have just installed Snow Leopard thanks to this site having a way when one does not have a Mac available so a big THANK YOU! (Albeit 29 hours later).

My question is how do I install the Network Drivers for Snow Leopard so I will have Internet. I have used Kext Utility And Kext Helper and still no go no show.

I do not know anything about programming and codes and maybe termed as an Experienced User when it comes to Windows.
As I am using another drive to boot my Hackintosh I would need the answer in a way, that I could copy the text over to notepad, and place it on my USB drive, and work that way to do what is needed. Have noticed the terminal window in Snow Leopard had Minor experience with these when lightly delving into Linux.

I can not look now but I may assume that I have Snow Leopard 10.6 as it did ask to install 10.6.1/10.6.2 updates when installing the OS.

Hello, I would advice you to visit the following link:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/index.php?sid=78cafd3f3252ec33ac9937e3017c75d5

It is one of the best sources of information for hackintosh. Make sure to visit forums and there is a possibility somebody else has tried it with same/similar specs as yours.

• madmax49er

Thank you Fidelis. The only person offering help rather than be slanderous toward me.

Hello, just trying to be help.

2. madmax49er

Let's not get into Morals here! Aside from saying is test driving your car/motorbike/truck etc a crime when interested and curious about buying one? If so then everyone is liable for stealing in this world! I was curious about Mac or Hackintosh that as a hardware technician an idea was implanted within my mind a curiosity. Is that so wrong? Consider it a test drive. Like Motorbikes I test drive all my OS's. I have been able to manage working everything out on Snow Leopard. I did need to update the kext files with the right ones to allow internet access. Since this post is mainly about stealing and stolen discussion, are you accusers free from committing crimes yourselves? That includes crimes of the flesh since most of you yanks consider yourselves god fearing. Surely at some stage in your lives you are liable for using imitation or cheap knock off's of something that includes car parts etc., or perhaps you took pens or something from work you should not have or stolen something as a child? If you didn't use generic or knock off's, then it would be prudent to say, you must be one of the richest people in your neighbourhood and have always bought brand name items and have a lifestyle to do so. Famous Preacher one said "He Who is Without sin cast the first stone." Look deep inside yourselves. I look deeper than this current shell you exist in. Go back to past life regression as well, and see what crimes you even committed in past lives you are still responsible for those too. Sound deep and heavy? Well get a taste of your own medicine you are responsible for defamation of character and therefore have committed a civil crime against me. So you yourselves are not without sin It is easy to see. The post has gone off topic thanks for no help from no one, I was able to re-analyse my problem without you jokers so to speak.

3. Oron

I have to disagree with Mulder on this one. Although you may be in breach of the Apple EULA, what you are doing is NOT a crime (unless your copy of OS X is stolen, of course!).
    Also, it is possible to get drivers for hardware which Apple do not support, although this is not my area of expertise. If you can't get an answer on this forum, keep looking! There are forums for Hackintosh users and plenty of other places where people exchange information, so don't give up just yet!

• Mulder

As the poster described, their copy of Snow Leopard is stolen, since it hasn't been available for sale for some time now, as well as the fact that if they had to update to 10.6.1 and 10.6.2, that's not what any DVD version of Snow Leopard contains.

Therefore, it is stolen and they have committed a felony crime by doing so, as well as a civil crime by violating the EULA.

• Oron

Sorry Mulder, you're assuming a lot there. You can buy OS X discs on eBay (and presumably elsewhere). I know I've done this for some clients whose Macs could not be upgraded to the latest version of OS X. He MAY have stolen it, of course, but neither of us know that.

• Mulder

No, I'm not assuming anything. Snow Leopard 10.6.0 is not available for sale at any Apple Authorized Reseller, or on eBay. The only way to acquire an earlier version is by stealing it.

4. Mulder

Aside from the fact that what you're doing is blatantly a crime, there are no network drivers you need to install. Mac OS X installs everything you need automatically; you have no choice to not install it.

So if you have no Internet access, it's not because of missing drivers, it's due to your hardware not supporting the software, which is to be expected, since Mac OS X only runs on Apple hardware. You may be able to add a kernel extension that would replace one supplied by Apple and fool your PC into thinking it's a Mac, but there's no guarantee it would work, and even if it did, the next update to Snow Leopard could very well break it.

There's no substitute for a real Mac, so if that's what you want, spend the required amount for the real thing. It just works.