How do I install the CyanogenMod and Google Apps ROM on my phone with a ROM manager?

Chris C August 30, 2013

Hello. I’ve been having trouble running CyanogenMod and Google Apps ROMs on my phone, since everytime I try booting into recovery, I run into an error message saying that unauthorized system software has been found on my phone and that I should take it to the nearest Verizon store for help. I know how to boot my phone normally after seeing that error message, but I don’t know how to boot into recovery. Please help. (Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535 Android 4.1.2)

Chris,

In order to resolve your question,you can hover over to tick mark on the left side of any comment. Click on it and then that comment would be chosen as the best response(best answer) for your question and this would mark your question as resolved.

Please remember to vote and mark the question as resolved if your question has been resolved. Cheers!

• Chris C

How do I do that? Last I saw there was a green button that says “resolved” but I don’t see it anymore.

Are you speaking of this app? http://www.mediafire.com/?0oa6ylr8wskvr9q EZ Unlock is used to unlock the bootloader so you won't have the issue of "unauthorized system software" error. You should be able to install it if you set your phone to allow third party app installations within the Developer settings. Without this app, you will continuously have the unauthorized system software error. (Not sure why they changed the name from EZ Boot to EZ Unlock.)

• Chris C

Yeah I unlocked the bootloader. Thanks!

• Dalsan M

You are welcome. Enjoy your ability to fully use your rooted S3.

Please use EZBoot as previously mentioned to unlock your bootloader. Without unlocking your bootloader, you will not be able to perform the tasks you are wishing to to very easily. EZBoot 1.2 can be found here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32456-app-920-ez-unlock-14-easiest-way-to-unlock-your-bootloader/ (don't use 1.3 or 1.4 as these have known issues). Then go through the methods for installing ClockWork Mod or TWRP custom recovery. In the custom recovery, you can install the custom ROM (Cyanogen Mod) Zip file from your SD card, then install the GApps Zip the same way, from your SD card. Your previous posts have all the information necessary to properly install Cyanogen abd GApps so you shouldn't have any other issues.

• Chris C

its giving me an app that i have to download, cant download that app because its not available on the google play store. am i going to need that app or will it not really matter? should i just skip that step?