How do I import all of my Gmail emails to my Macintosh mail client?
Question by Anonymous /

I use Apple Mail (I know there may be better mail clients to use but my wife refuses to move from Apple Mail).

With Mountain Lion I had Gmail set up as an Exchange IMAP account. With Maverick installation, Exchange no longer works with Gmail.

Is there a way using Apple Mail to get ALL of my Gmail mail downloaded and synced to Apple Mail?

• Lee Clayton

I have IMAP turned on and I see 8K+ emails downloaded. However, I don’t see the ALL MAIL folder. Any suggestion on getting that folder to download to Apple Mail as well?

• Kev Q

If you’ve used IMAP then you will be able to simple set up the IMAP account again within Apple mail and all your emails will be synced.

You see, using IMAP means that mail is always synced with the server, rather than being downloaded to the computer like on POP.

I’m a little confused as to what you meant by “Exchange IMAP” as they are two different technologies, and Gmail doesn’t support exchange. Anyway, if you have always used IMAP, then you should be fine.