How do I get rid of Facebook pop-up adverts?

Michelle H August 25, 2013

I’ve tried all kinds of websites and this seems like the most legit website where I can most likely find the answers to my question by your expertise and help.

How can I get rid of pop up adverts that appear on Facebook and generally elsewhere while I am using my computer?

1. Justin Y

Ouch, you have a virus it seems like. After you resolve that use adblock to keep away ads, but it won't work right now cause of your virus.

2. Tsf O

The most easiest way is to Press the Esc key one time. If this does not help, press Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys all at the same time. If a programs screen appears, select end task and left click your mouse one time. If another screen appears select end task and left click your mouse one more time. Hopefully your mission is accomplished with this five second procedure. You'll probably have to do it again each time you connect to the Internet, but only once per visit, until you go into your computer and delete this file that keeps popping up from your computer.

4. Silhoutte J

Google Chrome

There are many Google Chrome extensions that can help you remove ads from websites but Facebook Adblock is the most popular and the one I personally tested to make sure if it works. To remove Facebook ads while using Google Chrome;

While using Google Chrome click on Facebook Adblock.
    Click on ADD TO CHROME
    A popup will appear asking to confirm new extension, click on Add button.
    The extension will automatically be installed.

Firefox

Follow these steps to remove Facebook ads while using Firefox;

While using Firefox click on AdBye – For Facebook.
    Click on Download.
    Click on Add to Firefox.
    A popup will appear, click on Install.
    The extension will be installed. Restart Firefox once done.

Opera

Opera users can enjoy an ad-free Facebook experience by following these steps;

While using Opera click on Facebook Ad Blocker.
    Click on Add to Opera.
    A popup will appear, click on Install.

Safari

You can get rid of Facebook ads while using Safari browser using these steps;

First of all you need to enable extensions in Safari web browser. Go to Preferences -> Advanced and enable the develop menu.
    Close preferences and then click on Develop -> Enable Extensions.
    Click on FaceBlock.

• Michelle H

Do you have any ways useful for Windows 7 Internet Explorer 10 by chance? Any best sites you can think of that will give me the best outcome and performance with no more annoying pop ups? Thanks!

• Susendeep D

You can use Adblock Plus plugin to remove ads,popups from IE.It's available for IE 7,8,9 and 10.

It sounds like you have some sort of adware or other malware on your system. Run a complete scan with your antivirus software and remove any infections it finds. If you have MalwareBytes installed run a scan and remove any infections found. Keep rerunning scans until it comes up clean. If won't run or install (if you don't already have it on the machine), boot in Safe Mode and try to run or install it.

Since it appears to be happening when you are browsing, you can start your web browser without any addins or extensions. There should be a link in the start menu to start Internet Explorer without addins (unless you are using XP, where you can normally find it under Start - Accessories - System Tools).