How do I get photos from my cell phone to my computer?

Kailee D August 16, 2013

How do I get photos from my cell phone (Samsung galaxy ace 2) to my laptop? I plugged it into my laptop with a USB and a few different options came up. I clicked “Import pictures and videos” and it said “No photos or videos were found on this device.”

When I try to get into the photo gallery on my phone it says:

“Not enough space. Delete unnecessary items, such as downloaded software, pictures, videos, and documents.”

So I can’t even get into my photo album. I deleted everything I could that was on my phone, but it still won’t let me into the photo album. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to delete unnecessary photos and videos if I can’t get into my photo album.

Firstly,download and install Samsung Kies software onto your PC.

Then it would display memory space available in internal as well as in SD card storage.It might be perhaps that your internal memory is full so is displaying this message.Try backing up the files present in internal memory to SD card or to PC and delete the files(backed up ones) from internal storage.

2. shail

use dropbox app. in both phone and pc . sign in with same account and the photo or files from your phone will be automatically updated in both.

3. Doug A

You can e-mail them, Bluetooth them, or SMS

4. ??????? G

Connect your phone to your PC and check the DCIM folder, where they fall right after you snap them with your phone

5. Decoy V

If your photos are stored on the SD card, extract it and insert it in the computer, if it has a card reader (you can purchase one, though). Otherwise, there are some Web services and Android apps that allow you to transfer files by just using Wi-Fi network. One of the best is AirDroid.
    Also, are you trying to use the Gallery to browse your photos? Have you tried to use "My Files" or another file explorer? Usually photos taken with the camera are stored in DCIM/Camera.

6. Kev Quirk

Hi Kailee,

I would say the easiest way of doing this is to use Airdroid. Airdroid is a free Android app that allows your to browse the contents of your phone via your web browser. I use it all the time, it's really great. You can upload and download images/files to and from your phone, and you can also do things like manage apps and even send/receive text messages.

It's completely wireless as well, it works over your 3G/Wi-Fi connection. Jessica wrote an article on Airdroid a while back, here is the link if you're interested:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/airdroid-send-sms-share-links-transfer-files-android-21

if you have sd card remove it then try to connect to pc with smasung kies..