How do I get into recovery mode on HP TouchPad that I’m upgrading to Android?
Question by Anonymous /

I am trying to change the operating system for my HP tablet to Android.

I followed instructions and pressed the reset button on the tablet but didn’t press the volume button quick enough and didn’t go into recovery mode. The USB symbol did not appear on the tablet and when I enter the Novacom command on my PC it can’t find the device.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk

Answer (1)
  • Dalsan M

As long as you have Novacom installed properly and try to get into recovery mode, the drivers should install automatically. Try performing the steps again since it may not take the first time. I've ran into similar problems trying to install android on an HTC HD2 Windows Mobile phone, but after trying over and over again, it finally took and Android finally was installed on the phone. Check the steps here to see if it helps: http://liliputing.com/2012/01/how-to-install-android-4-0-on-the-hp-touchpad-cyanogenmod-9-alpha.html. Timing is everything when it concerns getting into recovery mode, and newer devices seem to have a shorter window of opportunity to hit the sweet-spot in order to get into recovery mode.