How do I get a setup jack to work with RecordMyDesktop?

Zhong Jiang January 14, 2013

Following from my last question, I wasn’t able to get ALSA to work because of the complexity of recording through a loopback device and decide to use an alternative method of recording the system wave audio. So I have jacked, a low-latency sound server that’s compatible with RecordMyDesktop, however I’m not able to locate which input/output device should I use. The sound server started and I’ve connected the capture (input) to both playback(output) respectively but RMD doesn’t show up whenever I hit record or open the application.

Does anyone have clue why it isn’t appearing in the output section?

1. Zhong Jiang

Restarting the jack server doesn't resolve the issue, the link suggest enabling real time priority, the main function of this feature is to make it run more reliably and quickly. But I'm not sure if it's relevant on why it's not showing the program under its inputs.

see if the code arecord -l can help
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1118019