How do I forward an email as a PDF file in Outlook 2013?

Chris April 19, 2015

How do I forward an email with its attachments, if any, as a PDF file in one step in Outlook 2013?

I’ve got a 64-bit Windows 8 Lenovo laptop, in case that matters.

I’ve tried looking for Outlook plugins, but these don’t seem to exist for this purpose. Everything allows you to save an email as a PDF file, and separately attach it then forward it. This is not what I’m looking for.

Here is what I want to be able to do (hopefully there is an Outlook plugin or something out there that someone else has found):

I want to be able to open an email, hit “Forward as PDF” or something like that, have it automatically turn both the body of the email, and any attachments it has, into one attachment. Then I hit “Send”.

I’m expecting that when I hit “Forward as PDF”, it take a second, attaches all the  new rendered PDF files from the email and attachments, then opens a new email that you have to enter the “To” email address on, enter subject line, etc, and hit “Send”.

I already know how to save an email as a PDF, create a new email and re-attach the new PDF, etc. That is what I am trying to avoid. There are too many steps to be consistent, and I need to do this often and quickly.  Here is the situation:

WHY: I use the Neat Desk Scanner with Cloud Services. Since more people are getting emailed receipts, they wisely have a feature that enables you to simply “forward” any email to your Neat Cloud Service. It then appears in your Cloud account as a document to organize. The emails can have attachments or none. It understands the difference between the body of the message and the various attachments. Cool right?

The only problem I’m having is that, too often, the emails I’m sending are not being read properly because they were HTML and other email message formats. It’s a hit or miss who can predict how companies will choose to code their e-receipts. Attachments seem to come out fine when forwarded to the Cloud this way, because it doesn’t need to read anything, just display the PDF receipt.

So I want every email I send to them to just be a PDF before it even gets there. I’m losing too many receipts. I got the Neat storage system because I struggle to remember to scan — I’ll never be able to keep up with it if I have to save everything to my desktop for a second, re-attach, forward, etc. I need a plugin for Outlook 2013 Windows 8 that allows this functionality, or another suggestion.

Thanks!