How do I fix thin horizontal black lines across my laptop’s screen?

October 27, 2013

Recently I noticed that I have three thin horizontal black lines running across my laptop’s screen and they seem to be stretching further across the screen each day. I’m not sure what’d caused it as I haven’t dropped my laptop or banged the screen accidentally etc.

Is this a case of a dying screen which will need replacing or something else? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

1. Francis B

I agree with Hovesep A..
    Try connecting your laptop to an external monitor or tv capable for this.
    If the screen problem is still on the external monitor then the culprit is the graphic card|chipset ..
    But if it did not show in the external screen then you're monitor is bad..and need replacement.

connect to external monitor and see if problem solves, if yes then perhaps it is graphic card problem.
    it can be that display assembly circuits are damaged. check the cable that connect the screen to the motherboard.