How do I fix ‘No Airport Card Installed’ problem on my Macbook Air?

September 5, 2013

I am unable to connect to the internet on my laptop. When I try clicking on the airport icon, I keep getting the message ‘No Airport Installed’.

How do I correct this issue?

Thanks.

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds perhaps after reboot will detect your Airport Card.

First try a Parameter RAM reset:
    Restart your Mac and immediately press and hold "cmd + alt + P + R" on your keyboard until you heard the 'gong' for the third time. Let go of the keys and boot up normally.

Other options:
    (a) open up System Preferences, go to Network and at the top click the drop-down menu and create a new location

(b) force a re-detection of the hardware via Terminal.app
    open up a Terminal window, type & run the following command:
    /usr/sbin/networksetup -detectnewhardware

(c) delete the following preferences file containing network hardware information then restart your system
    /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

If all these things fail you could try re-installing OS X, run the Apple Hardware Diagnostics and finally go to an Apple authorized service provider and have them look for the actual cause.