How do I fix a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error?

Paul F August 20, 2013

The error I am getting is:

(Title) Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library.

(Message) This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more info.

How can I fix this?

1. Loud

I have the same problem, but with saving files in Final Draft. Could someone help me?

Hello, most times it is just a matter of downloading and installing the network framework packaged that is missing/corrupted.

You receive a "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error message when you run a custom Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 program in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

update .NET Framework, microsoft Visual C ++

perhaps application is not correctly installed.

What application are you trying to run and what version of of Windows are you using? This can happen when an older program is looking for an older version of the Visual C++ runtime (such as older games being installed on updated Windows systems). It also can occur when newer programs are looking for newer C++ runtimes, but the runtimes are not updated. Other times, this error shows up if there are conflicts between programs and background services and/or programs. Without more information, this can be a guessing game. If this occurs during or after Windows boots up, you can try to clean boot your computer and reenable one startup item at a time and reboot your system each time you make a change until this issue stops.