How do I extend or change the location of HTC app storage?
Question by Erlis Dhima /

I bought a HTC Wildfire S, and in the description it has a 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM (418 MB user-available) internal storage.

I did all the updates and installed an app to write in Japanese (around 14 MB) but now my phone is running out of memory, and I can’t install almost nothing.

I was thinking of a way how to increase or change the application storage to the SD card. How can I change the size of this data storage or change it to use the memory card? Also, I would like to know of a way to move or delete some applications that can’t be moved or deleted!

Thanks in advance.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Phones & Hardware
Android Phones & Hardware

You must have thought of this before getting this phone.HTC bundles such bloatwares that it affects phone's performance and the user is also left with low memory(in RAM and storage areas).

The default apps that came with your phone is eternal.You can't do anything for it unless you root,install custom ROMs etc..

If you are uncomfortable with installing ROMs and rooting,then use apps which are not so large,which supports SD transfer and which are all-in-one in nature.

For instance,Pulse is a good app for getting news from all genres.

• Junil Maharjan

download app2sd from the google play. this helps to trasfer your apps to your sd card.

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for the suggestion. It really helped a lot... Even though I'm considering to root my phone. But I have about 60 apps installed.. The only problem, is that I can't install games due to low memory now!