How do I establish where forwarded email comes from in my Gmail account?

Karl B July 18, 2013

I have a Gmail account and have forwarded a whole bunch of other Gmail accounts (more than 40). I didn’t keep track of the addresses. I activated “Forward mail” in each mail account to my main email address.

How do I establish which email addresses are forwarded to my main email address?

I just need the email addresses and not any passwords etc. I hope someone can help me please!

Thank you.

1. Justin Pot

I'm not sure there's going to be an automated way of achieving this, but I'd suggest starting to pay attention in incoming emails. You can click the arrow above the messages to see more information, including which address the message was sent to. Start a spreadsheet or something until you've recorded them all.

I'd also recommend using Gmail's Filter service to label all incoming messages from particular addresses – it really helps you keep track of what's intended to be where.

You could try the steps mentioned in the article -

How To Trace Your Emails Back To The Source

which says that you have to open the message and click on dropdown button of reply button(present on top left side of the message) and click on show original.Then a new page will open up and then you can see under "Received from" section.