How do I enable OpenCL, CUDA, PhysX, and DirectCompute on my GeForce GT 540M graphics card?

MaverickSrikant June 20, 2013

Although the NVIDIA GeForce GT540M graphics card supports all the aforementioned features (check here and here), the video card information utility GPU-Z shows that those features are NOT available for my system:

Please help me rectify this situation – how do I enable OpenCL, CUDA, PhysX and DirectCompute?

I’m using an Asus K53S Series laptop.

Thanks in advance.

You are using an old driver (268.56). The latest is 314.22. Once you update the drivers, use the control panel to NVIDIA control your PhysX and CUDA options.

2. Krastan D

i think that they turn themselves on when you are playing a game that supports it and the reason for this is to preserve battery.

3. Leland Whitlock

I would test with a few different drivers. But be sure to make a restore point before testing because mobile drivers from anyone but your laptop manufacturer are very questionable. I have only had about 50% success on the many laptops I have tried the generic drivers on. You can start here http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=k53s&type=1 to find drivers specific to your laptop. You need to find the last letter in your model number then click the appropriate link. Most likely it is printed on a label on the bottom of your laptop. If all else fails go to nvidia.com and download the generic drivers just be careful. Good luck.

perhaps to update nvidia driver
    open nvidia control panel and check there under Manage 3D Settings (cuda)