How do I disable Deep Freeze if I don’t know the password of a local server?

Jinky Jane January 23, 2013

Hi,

I just got a used PC from a relative and it’s a local server running Deep Freeze. How do I disable Deep Freeze since I really dont know the password and also how can I stop it being a local server? Please help me, Thanks.

P.S. I already tried to stopping the program but I can’t… I get an error: access denied.

Hello, if you want to get rid of the server, why don't you just format and reinstall the operating system of your choice? It could be tough finding out password specially for programs such as deep freeze.

2. Newell Fisk

You will need to figure out the password

3. Obed Cutaran

You can't, it's either you call your relative for the password or you format your computer.

4. Nevzat Akkaya

I would also format the system and install a fresh Windows on it. This will be less problematic, more stable and faster.

5. Safvan Vhora

Go To This Site and search your questions:

http://support.faronics.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/8/deep-freeze

6. Jan Fritsch

Quite frankly I would format the system and install from scratch.

Even if you get it running the way you want you have no idea what deeper issues the system already has, whether the next update will fail or some keylogger is monitoring your inputs.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't trust your relative, friend or whatever. But I wouldn't trust a system I didn't setup from scratch or factory defaults.

I installed Deep Freeze and forgot my password; can you give me a password to turn Deep Freeze off?
    http://support.faronics.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/5/8/i-installed-deep-freeze-and-forgot-my-password-can-you-give-me-a-password-to-turn-deep-freeze-off
    There are no backdoor passwords to Deep Freeze. Faronics cannot recover lost, forgotten, changed, or otherwise misplaced passwords or Customization Codes.

For Deep Freeze Enterprise:

Using our unique One Time Password system, Deep Freeze Enterprise Administrators can generate One Time Passwords (OTP). To generate an OTP:

1.Open the Deep Freeze login dialog on the workstation for which you need to generate the OTP.
    2.Write down the Token code which is located at the top of the login dialog.
    3.Open the Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator and click the One-Time Passwords tab or open the Enterprise Console and click on Tools > One Time Password.
    4.Enter the code you recorded into the Token field and click Generate OTP. Another code will appear in the OTP field. The second code is the password for the workstation.
    The newly generated One-Time Password can then be used to disable, uninstall, and re-install Deep Freeze with the correct password.

For Deep Freeze evaluations (with no License Key entered):

1.Restart the computer.
    2.Enter the system BIOS settings.
    3.Advance the clock by at least 60 days and then restart your computer. This will disable the software.
    4.After the system has started, run the Deep Freeze installation program to uninstall Deep Freeze.
    5.After the computer reboots, re-enter the BIOS and reset the clock to the current date. You can then re-install Deep Freeze after restarting.

If you are running a licensed copy of Deep Freeze Standard submit a ticket and we can look into the issue further to see if there are any other options avalalbe to assist you.

How you can uninstall deep freeze when you forget password?
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_you_can_uninstall_deep_freeze_when_you_forget_password