How do I customize a rural county map with my own marks and information?

Suzanne S November 3, 2013

I want to scan or take a picture of a rural county map which has each person’s name that lives in that township and section (plat map). Then I want to be able to put a mark/symbol/pin on a particular person’s name so when I select that person’s name it will bring up notes and allow me to edit and add notes for that particular person.

Seems like a simple thing that should be able to be done but don’t know which app or software to use. I would like to get a tablet so I can see the map and get the notes easily. I know there are apps you can write on the scanned map but gets too cluttered so need something I can put notes in the background.

1. Guy M

Google Maps is highly customizable, and you may even be able to load your map as an overlay. I would check into that first. Make the map yours - Google Maps.

ZeeMaps might be another alternative