How do I connect my Android phone to my PC using Es File Explorer?
Question by Ray Ashton /

I have installed Es File Explorer on my Android phone and done a server scan to connect to my PC. It has found my PC but when I try to open the server it is asking for a user name and password.

I’m not sure what it is looking for here? I have no password on my PC. I’ve tried the network password but it didn’t recognise it. Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ray

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Phones & Hardware
Android Phones & Hardware
Smart Home Gadgets
Smart Home Gadgets
Home Entertainment
Home Entertainment

• Vishal Srivastava

If your PC doesn't have a password, just leave the password option blank and try to continue...

• saleh

i have tried to download the samsung Glaxcy Y GT-S5360 soft ware to be conected to the PC several times but i failed

• Dustin Thompson

you must have a password set within windows to see your shared stuff. but you can also use the web server feature of ES to view your phone's contents on your PC.

Go to "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" in "Network and Sharing Center". If you disable password-protected sharing, only folders you share with “Everyone” will be accessible without a password.

in ES FILE EXPLORER
    Log in as Anonymous if you disabled password-protected sharing earlier

ES File Explorer App: How to configure LAN?
    http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=613730

• Jim Chambers

I suppose you've tried entering your user name and in password box. For security, you should have a password.