How do I completely remove a program from my computer including all registry entries?
Question by Mohammad Hamzani Salleh /

Ok, I really need help or advice about how to completely remove a program from the Windows registry. Whenever you install a trial or limited program, it doesn’t matter how good the uninstaller is, or how good your registry cleaner is  – you will never able to get rid of it completely.

Just for example: whenever I install Internet Download Manager, regardless of removal program, registry cleaner or manual searching I can never install a fresh copy. Is there a solution or freeware program to completely remove any evidence of programs altogether? Thanks.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Fatima

i have the same problems unfortunately

• Rona

Its too easy to remove programs, apps or games with mirekusoft install monitoring( Just a click for enough.At the same time, uninstall the files anywhere including the registry files they create.

• Mohammad Hamzani Salleh

i will tried it later.. thank for reply and suggestion

• Martin

Why need to completely remove trial software ? If you like it, buy it.

• Mohammad Hamzani Salleh

cause i cant afford it… if it for bussiness, surely i will buy it… buy home user like me, will never afford to buy it since no money are generate from it… just plain home user use

• alexander

try resetting the trial instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, both way are a bit on the shady side, but resetting the trial usually doesnt require you to goof around in the registry (where you by the way can do a whole lot of damage if you screw up).
    google the following term for a trial reset: “insert software name” trial reset guide.

• Mohammad Hamzani Salleh

thank for many comment or reply here.. some of it i already tried like revo uninstaller that must have for my pc fo several year now. ccleaner also same, free windows registry repair also same, glary also same, n some i tried but it not totally freeware like this one n some i not try yet. but seriously all of your advice include manual search i already done. but other seem okay but idm or internet download manager is so stuborn… no matter how cleaver i use the uninstaller, how good my registry cleaner, how smart i search registry.. but it seem i cannot locate the right one that containt data that prevent u to install fresh copy of it after the trial limit… im not sure about registy backup since i often install and uninstall program in my pc since im hardcore program tester n usage.. i will download many freeware n shareware n try to use it n compare with other program that same.. but so far the best download manager is idm but not afford to buy it.. althought can find crack. but better original condition. so i will tried futher will all of advice in here.. but ithink it will be the same.. unless we know what exactly we need to search n find… but many thank for the help.. but i will open up for many idea n info.. so do advice me if u guy have many more idea or trick to do that… not to support illegal activity, but have no money to spend to buy the program. freeware is option for for home user like me n use public pc… best regard. thank again

• Chandan Jha

Dude, the problem u r facing has already been faced by me…
      and yes, All the above solutions do not work for IDM and if it shows the warning about “Fake serial Number” then forget about any solution except Recovering your PC or Formatting & reinstalling your Windows.

Though, if only your 30Days trial have expired then you can use this setup…

This archive includes Setup + Crack also and instruction is also provided with it. I have used it and it works. Try it dude…

• Fatima

Dear sir
      Do you fine any solution for deleting download manager i hope so
      and give us more information a bout that.

• Achraf Almouloudi

Seriously the best way is to not install it, if you’re trying to do so to gain Antivirus trial again stop doing so and go get which is a free service, but as a programmer I know that even the who code the software itself won’t be able to uninstall the program completely because some libraries do weird things that we don’t know so there is absolutely no reverse back in there .

• Mohammad Hamzani Salleh

no i not refer to antivirus. but thank. i use avira by the way

• Truefire_

Use Revo, like the others mentioned.

• guthagowtham

The Best way to do this is using an uninstaller. You can easily Uninstall applications using uninstallers. Do not use built-in windows uninstaller if you want to remove the program completely along with registry keys. I suggest you to use IOBit Uninstaller. Well, Revo Uninstlaler is also the powerful, several surveys and experts tested and declared that IOBit Uninstaller is quite powerful than Revo Uninstaller.
    In my test, i found Revo Uninstaller is quite slow when scanning for leftovers, but IOBit Uninstaller is quite faster.

Here is the download url of IOBit Uninstaller..

• Himanshu Singla

You can have many options for this.

Advanced SystemCare 5

Both will help you out to remove completely.

Hello, one of the best programs for it is Revo Uninstaller free version. When you use it to uninstall a program, it gives you the chance to scan for registry entries and you can choose what kind of scan you want. If you choose the more complex one, it will find all entries for any program. Then it is up to you to delete them. It also creates a restore point before removing anything. Here is the link: