How do I close or delete a group chat in Skype?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda May 2, 2013

I created a group chat that I no longer want to exist. I would like to know how to close or delete this group chat so that it either appears as a closed group chat to the other members of the group, or does not appear at all. Help is much appreciated.

I am using the desktop version of Skype (6.3) on a Windows 8 Pro machine.

1. MissDaina

Although I don't use skype, I would recommend asking this question to the admin/moderator of that website I doubt they wouldnt know the answer :)

2. Chris Marcoe

This could take awhile, but you can do this, in the chat window in question:
    /showmembers
    copy/paste the output and edit it to place this in front of each name while also removing the words like "speaker" and the like:
    Note: REMOVE Your Skype name and for the others, do these one at a time:
    /kickban SkypeName
    Once done and all Skype names have been kickbanned by you ("Minus YOU the creator") do this:
    /set options -JOINING_ENABLED
    /leave
    Now the chat will be closed

This is the source I found:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Delete-a-group-chat-room-and-all-in-it/m-p/53194#M52580

• Chris Marcoe

So, did this work?