How do I change orientation in iOS 7 without Control Center?
Question by Marlene S /

When I swipe up, nothing happens except occasionally. The Control Center does not come up. How can I change the orientation without Control Center? I keep trying but nothing happens. What can I do to fix this?

My iPhone 4S is very new and this shouldn’t be happening. So far, I do not like most of IOS 7.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

Answer (1)
  • Tim B

Where are you swiping from? You need to swipe from below the screen, not at the bezel or just above the bezel but from just below the screen. If you have a case like the Otterbox or other case that obscures the Home button (and much of the bezel) then you will need to get rid of it if you want to use Control Centre properly.

That, or consider you may have a problem with your phone’s digitiser (touch screen). Is it an iPhone 5? If so it’s still under warranty, and you should ask Apple what’s going on.