How do I change my PunchTab (MakeUseOf) password?

Bob C August 22, 2013

I’m having problems logging into MakeUseOf. My password no longer works.

I was sent a new temporary password from PunchTab and a message stating I would be prompted for a new password after logging in. Unfortunately, I was never prompted for a new password, nor could I find a way to change it in my profile.

So how does one change their password?

1. Scott P

Same exact problem. tried different browsers and from Mobile , but nothing works.

2. Marlene S

I am having the exact same problem with identical responses. There seems to be no way offered, including Profile, to change the temporary password. I was just as surprised by the email response to forget your
    Password coming from "punch Tab".

3. Matt Smith

Have you tried the "forgot your password?" link at the login screen? If so, did you perhaps try it a second time? The lack of a new password being prompted while logging in could have been a one-time glitch.

• Bob

A one time glitch? How about a glitch period. It took multiple attempts to even get it to acknowledge and send me a temporary password. I was surprised that it came from a site called punchtab. Regardless, I was able to log in with the new "temporary" password and found that I there was no way to change or update my password. After I logged in, I was greeted with an Awards screen, of which I have no interest. I closed the pop-up and clicked on profile only to be greeted by another screen showing my latest comments and questions - nothing as far as updating/changing the password.

Multiple attempts also results in getting the following error message when an attempt fails:

Error establishing a database connection

So how does one change their password?

• Bob

So how does one change their password?