How can I update seeds/peers information for finished downloads in uTorrent?

Arron W November 3, 2013

I have a reasonable amount of torrents completed, and I like to try and give back. The issue is, finished downloads will load up at 0/0, meaning there’s no seeders according to uTorrent.

I like to focus on less popular torrents, rather then making sure I upload a certain amount for each of them. Attempting to resume will naturally queue most of them up, I only let 12 upload at one time. Even on attempting to resume, some of them will actually get the information, but most will still report 0/0.

Aside from manually force starting each one is there any quicker way, either in uTorrent, or another client?

1. James B

If I'm understanding this right, the issue is that uTorrent wont fetch seeders/peers for uploads that are in "queued" state; in order to fetch that, the seeding must be force started. Right?

I use Vuze, and under the seeding options it specifically has options to ignore the normal order if there's a certain ratio of seeds:peers, so that unseeded popular torrents can be seeded in preference to whatever your personal seed ratio is. If uTorrent doesn't have that option, then it's not possible.

To be honest, I would just remove the limitations you've placed on the queue, and set an upload speed limit instead - let the client figure out what is best.

why do you let 12upload? you can increase the number so that to not be forced Force Start? Have checked Peers if someone download you should see a number like 1 of 2 connected, A swarm is all the people connected with you, sharing a file. Change your total number of peers per torrent to 50 for example.
    Seeds:
    The first number, 0, is the amount of seeds you're connected to.
    The second number 0 is known about seeds (connected in the past/currently connected)
    The number in parenthesis, XXX, is the amount of seeds in the swarm. (Seeds as reported by tracker)

• Arron W

Uh... first of all, I would sincerely like to know why the title of my question was changed. It does not reflect what I am asking in the slightest, and is really irritating. This isn't directed at you specifically, I'm just getting that out there.

When I say 12 upload, I mean 12 different torrent files. The amount of peers allowed would be whatever the default is. What I'm trying do to is find the Seeds/Peers information of finished torrents, so I know which ones I should seed for. Older downloads show 0 for both, attempting to start the download will queue the seed, and only up date seeds/peers information some of the time.

I'm trying to figure out a way to update all to update that for all torrents in the list, so I scroll down it for either low ratios, or low seeds, and help out.