How do I access Canned Responses in Gmail?

ddonham June 13, 2013

I can’t find the menu item “Canned Responses” from the compose window for the January 8 article by Yaara Lancet Email Faster & Better With Canned Responses Email Faster & Better With Canned Responses Don’t have time to cook lunch? No problem, grab a can. Need some camping chow that won’t go bad? Easy, get some canned food. Tired of typing the same email replies? Try canned emails! Think... Read More on Gmail’s canned responses.

How do I access the feature?

1. ddonham

It worked! Thank you.

• Tina Sieber

Could you please pick Tim's comment as the Best Answer, so the question is marked as resolved? Thank you!

2. Tim Brookes

Hi,

It would seem that a detail has been missed from the article - you need to enable the feature first, from the Settings of your Gmail inbox. You can do this by clicking on the cog icon in the top right, then choosing "Settings".

From this menu click Gmail Labs and scroll down till you find Canned Responses then click Enable. Last of all scroll to the very bottom of the page and click Save Changes. Your inbox should refresh, and you will now find the feature in your compose window.

Hope this helps, let us know!