How did I earn these points on MakeUseOf?

Daniel Eluvathingal April 11, 2013

I am a newly registered member of MakeUseOf. When I registered I got 50 points and I spent 25 points on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 giveaway (my current dream phone).

Then I was awarded 5 points additional to my profile, but I’m not sure how? I want to know exactly how could I have earned those extra 5 points?

1. Dave Parrack

I see you've figured it out but to add some extra motivation... As well as commenting on articles and sharing on social networks, you can earn extra points for taking part in the weekly poll and We Ask You columns. The comment of the week is awarded 150 points.

• Daniel Eluvathingal

that i didnt know,thanks for the info.

you probably shared an article or someone liked or retweeted the shared article.

• Daniel Eluvathingal

yep,i figured it out and i started earning points.

3. Chris Marcoe

It depends on if you shared an article or made a comment. Those actions will get you points. If you look up at the top right as you are logging in, you will see the "Get Points" link. Read through that and it will tell you how to get points from various actions.

As for getting 5 points, I think that is from sharing posts on social networks. The more networks you link to your account, the faster you can get those points to enter your name again in the giveaway.

• Daniel Eluvathingal

thanks for your help. I started to earn points by commenting and sharing articles.