How can my Android use my computer’s Internet connection?
Question by Mike Salisbury /

Have USB from Android mid 2.2 into my main computer which is online, but can’t figure out how to connect Android to internet.

• Pasha

Let me make it easy for you and answer in the simplest way possible. No, you cannot use your computer’s internet connection with your phone (called reverse tethering) using a USB cable UNLESS you root your phone and install/modify some software and settings. Rooting is not easy or available for all phones and if you donot know what Wifi is then I wouldn’t venture into something that can potentialy brick your phone. The only other option is Wifi hotspot software (like connectify etc) on your computer that can simplify things and provide you internet connection using wifi connection. But your computer and phone both need to have wifi capability for this.

• devid das

i got no cd with my android…Is there any way to connect it with my pc internet using usb cable.

• THE boss……..

these all are jerks
      you just dwnload software called “Virtual Wifi Plus”.It ia a freeware
      from it you can easily share your ethernet from a wifi enabled Laptop….

• kishore

Hi there, possibly there is any particular purpose for you to use Ethernet to get in touch your current telephone? The best alternative is always to use WI-FI. With that said, you could attempt utilizing connection:

• Rajesh S

what you are asking is my friend is called “Reverse tethering on Android phone ” preferable without rootig u’r phone.
    you can use the software connectify and do the configuration as required ..
    for help refer to this page
    http://webtotech.com/reverse-tethering-on-android-phone-without-rooting
    Hope this help

• Faishal Akbar

Use Connectify at connectify.me to share your internet with another device in your range (including your anroid too!). If you using Ad-Hoc Network it just works for windows-to-windows computer only. not with your android (except your android have Windows Operting system XD ). or, buy some wifi router and share your connection.

Hello, is there any particular reason why you need to use ethernet to connect your phone? The easiest choice would be to use wireless. Having said that, you could try using connectify:

http://www.connectify.me/

You could probably use Virtual Router:

http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

• Arpit Nadda

If you want to use your PC’s or laptop’s Internet connection for your phone, you can install a software MyPublicWiFi. It will make your computer act as a wifi hotspot and you can connect to Internet from your android easily.
    But you can’t use a usb cable to use your computer’s Internet connection for your phone, but you can do the reverse easily.

I guess what you want to do is USB tethering to access internet on your Android phone to utilize your PC internet connection. Install Auto USB tethering from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tdtran.autousbtethering&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsIm9yZy50ZHRyYW4uYXV0b3VzYnRldGhlcmluZyJd and then connect to your PC via the usb cord of your phone. Let it sense and have your internet connection on your PC on. After it is sensed and tethered automatically, you should be go to go.

OR is it actually you want to reverse tether as I previously mis-understood. For reverse tethering, you need to root your device and then install any free reverse tether app from Google Play.

• Christine St Syr Griffin

I would use wifi, unless you don’t have wifi access…, christine

• shaurya gupta

Connectify.me This will transform your pc into a Hotspot. Both free and paid versions are available.

• Mike S

how does one acquire wifi?

You need to have your internet cable connected to a Wi-Fi router to access Wi-Fi.SOme well known brands are DLink,Linksys,Asus etc..

• shanmukh

yaaa i’ve tried it but it says it is a broken file and try re downloading it can u please upload me the file