How can I watch Netflix on my TV via my PC?

Lori November 16, 2012

I want to watch Netflix on my TV through my PC. Not on disc, but over the internet. What cable do I need? I got one from Best Buy but it won’t fit my PC.

1. Roshin idi

if you computer is old VGA or if its recent HDMI, you could always try using a roku box

There are several different types of HDMI connectors. You need a cable that matches your TV and Laptop connecters or you can buy an adapter for the cable you bought.

perhaps with HDMI/streaming over IP
    http://uk.startech.com/AV/Extenders/HDMI/HDMI-over-IP-Extender-with-Audio~IPUSB2HD2

IP-enabled TV

connect pc to TV with cable, attach a monitor cable from your computer to the TV via the monitor (VGA\DVI) input on the back, computer's video card must have a second display output. righ-click on a blank area of the desktop on the computer and select Properties. On the Settings tab click the number 2 monitor then put a check in the box next to "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". on the TV make sure you select the input for the computer to be displayed, this could be called "VGA" or "DVI" or "computer".

if your television does not accept VGA but does accept HDMI, modern video cards are available with HDMI out, which will send both audio and video from your computer to your television through one cable, and this all in HD resolution.

4. Sean A

I would really need to know more about our laptop to help. If it is older try VGA or S-video. If it has been bought recently there is a chance it has DVI or HDMI.
    Use this URL to help identify the port. Scroll down and try to find the one you think might work.

http://lifehacker.com/5900500/is-there-anything-awesome-i-can-do-with-all-these-unused-ports-on-my-tv

5. Kamil Ko

if your laptop is really old, them S-Video cables might be needed. Check to see if your TV has VGA or HDMI too.

6. Kamil Ko

VGA or HDMI - depends on your laptop