How can I watch football on my laptop and stream it to my TV?

Doug D August 15, 2013

have a Toshiba Windows 7 laptop  and a Gateway Windows 8 laptop, as well as a Windows 8 desktop PC. I want to know if I can watch any pro game I want or any movie I want through my computer, but view it on my 60″ Sony TV. Can this be done, how?

1. Simon B

It depends on your TV/PC combo, if your TV has an HDMI slot (and most modern LED screens do) and your PC/Laptop does to then the above answers are correct, if it does not have the required slots you can get a VGA to VGA cable (Assuming your TV has a connector) you would then need an audio cable to go from the PC to the back of the TV, I've done a few hookups for friends this way and they've been happy

2. ??????? G

Try Dynex™ - 6' DVI-D-to-HDMI Cable or something like that to connect your PC to TV and watch whatever you want to

3. Sharjeel

I will answer your words in really simple words. The easiest way is to buy an HDMI cable and connect it between the PC's and TV's HDMI port. You will get an option in windows 8 automatically to duplicate your PC screen or extend it. Please like my answer if its helpful to you.

You could use a wireless pc-to-tv kit to stream what is displayed on your computer to a tv (this extends your monitor view to your tv). There are many different versions (RCA, S-Video connectors, or HDMI), so research on what may best fit your needs. As for getting the actual content you want, it all depends on what outlet you wish to use. Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, etc. would offer movies and tv shows, but professional sports games would be more difficult, except through cable or satellite subscription or possibly the sport channel website, such as ESPN.