How can I watch 3D movies on my 1366×768 laptop display?
Question by Ambareesh V ambu /

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 with a 1366×768 LED Display. I have the Movavi media player software that can play 2D movies in 3D. Can I watch 3D movies on my laptop if I buy 3D polarized glasses? And what are the best kind of glasses to experience 3D on my laptop?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Saqlain Iqbal

Graphics Specifications

Intel® HD Graphics

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1 GHz

Graphics Output DP/DP/HDMI/SDVO/CRT

display? 1366×768

can I watch 3D movies ..?

• saqlain

my laptop is..Intel® Celeron® Processor B800
    (2M Cache, 1.50 GHz)and Intel® HD Graphics can I watch 3D movies ..?

• Jai

I have vaio 15113 e series laptop..when i checked the intel graphics option, their is an option to adjust 3d video settings wat is its use if i can’t play any 3d videos..or is it possible?

• Mithun Kumar

I have an dell inspiron n5110 with a 1366×768 LED Display. I have the Movavi media player software that can play 2D movies in 3D. Can I watch 3D movies on my laptop if I buy 3D polarized glasses? And what are the best kind of glasses to experience 3D on my laptop?

• Shreevats Shreevastav

found a way to Watch 3d videos on my own computer without glasses
    http://www.techtantrik.com/2012/08/how-to-watch-3d-video-in-3d-that-too.html

• Aftab

Can I see 3d movie with polarized glasses on my laptop with following specifications
    * Graphics Device – AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
    * Screne resolution – 1366×768 resolution
    * Microprocessor – AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

• Ravi Meena

to watch 3D movie from any screen the Refresh rate of the display must be 120hz or more. your laptop does not have such display screen, so you can not watch 3d movies on it.

• Kannon Y

According to some commentators at the AVSForums, Movavi is not entirely successful at converting 2D movies into 3D. Some other commentators believe it’s a complete scam/rip-off. The skeptical members reason that true 3D requires that an image be shot from two different angles and the Movavi software can convert the video only by superimposing a time-delayed screen from the same video.

Those who are less skeptical believe the results are good whenever there’s a slow moving, panning shot, but anything at higher speeds “causes headaches”. See the link below for more information:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1316637/movavi-2d-to-3d-video-converter

I believe the sample videos available within the link above use the Anaglyph 3D method because of the high amount of red and cyan in the picture. I would imagine that the best method is using the Anaglyph converter combined with anaglyph (red-cyan) glasses, since that’s the cheapest method and should work with any screen, since it’s just two superimposed images in different colors.

• isabellefloyd

Polarized glasses work because the two lenses let two different kinds (polarizations) of light go through. So unless your display is produciong two different kinds of light, your 3D glasses won’t work.
    In movie theatres, the screens for 3D movies aren’t regular screens. They are metal, because that reflects the light instead of diffusing it.

To make it short, you need a special screen to watch 3D movies with polarized glasses. Since your computer doesn’t come with the adequat display out of the box, you’ll need to get a special screen.

To watch 3D movies on your current screen, you would have to get the kind of red and blue glasses you find in cereal boxes.

• ryandigweed0

Your laptop isn’t a 3D laptop. You need a 3D laptop, or display with a player, or a computer with a display. People are able to convert movies to Analog 3D movies, which can be viewed with the analog(red and blue) glasses. But this 3D might not be any good.

Polarized glasses are for digital 3D only