How can I use the Internet from an Android phone on Windows XP via USB cable?

Drsunil V August 30, 2013

My phone is Canvas 2 A110 with Android 4, and I am using a Windows XP computer. I want to tether the phone to the computer so I can use the mobile Internet, but I want to do this via USB – is this possible? How?

1. Niju Ramarajan

this settings will only work if you are using a windows 7 pc not on windows xp

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Can you please specify the settings?

2. Vikas S

After connecting your phone goto "Settings " and check the USB tethering option. Simple !

3. David C

Step 1- Connect you phone throught the USB cable
    Step 2 Press the "Home" button and then the "Menu" button.
    Step 3-Tap "Settings," "More" from the Wireless & Networks section and then "Tethering & Portable Hotspot."
    Step 4- Check "USB Tethering" to establish a USB data connection on your computer. Uncheck the option to sever the connection.

• Justin P

Note that, depending on your mobile provider, this option may be disabled. Many providers will turn it on for you, for a price, but there's also ways to bypass this. Good luck!