How can I use my laptop’s Bluetooth to connect with my cellphone?

Mishaal February 20, 2013

I have a Dell Latitude E4300. It has a Bluetooth sign on it and it is always in “on” state.

If I use my cellphone Bluetooth to search for it, it shows my laptop in its search for new devices list. However, I could never connect my cellphone with it (pairing Failed) to transfer small amounts of data, like audio songs etc.

I think it would be a lot easier to transfer small data by using Bluetooth, for example when I don’t have my cellphone’s data cable. :P

1. Jesse Manalansan

You can do it otherwise, use the laptop to search for your phone's bluetooth device while setting your phone to "Listen for devices" this works if you're phone is somewhat a BlackBerry, or maybe iPhone and Samsung.

update your bluetooth driver

3. Dhaval Patel

instead of trying to pair your pc from phone...try to pair your phone from your pc... to do that just right click on Bluetooth icon and select add a device....

4. Anish Parameshwaran

Perhaps you could try updating the bluetooth driver since it may be outdated?

• Mishaal Fatima

thanks it worked

Dell Latitude E6400 Bluetooth woes
    http://davidvielmetter.com/tricks/dell-latitude-e6400-bluetooth-woes/
    the generic Windows driver is incompatible and you’ll notice this when you try to pair a BT device with your computer.

• Mishaal Fatima

thanks ha14, it worked