How can I use my D-Link Wireless Adapter with Android 2.2?
Question by Holden Nelson /

I am running Android 2.2 off of a thumb drive on a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop. I like the idea but I can’t get it to communicate with my D-Link Wireless Adapter. When I go to turn the Wifi on, all it says is “Error” and I can’t connect to any network. I’ve looked everywhere but this issue seems to be pretty unique. Anything will help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Rohit Pandey

u can but u need proper support from ur android smartphone……….

• Kannon Y

Are you using a Virtualized copy of Android? There are much better virtual copies of Android out there. Froyo in comparison to ICS (4.0) is performance-wise a really bad operating system. Its WiFi management isn’t very good, which may be the source of your problem.

I have two potential solutions to your problem:

1. Use LiLi USB Creator to burn a virtual copy of Android to your USB stick. The version of Android on LiLi is 4.0 (ICS), which might include proper networking drivers. In order to get access to it, go to the download button in LiLi and you can find it in the list of Linux distributions.

LiLi is great because it automates the Live USB creation process. It should only take a short while to successfully burn a working copy. Justin Pot wrote a great article about the subject, which you can find here.

2. Install Bluestacks on your desktop, which will allow you to run a virtualized copy of Android on your desktop.

perhaps because debugging mode on the android?

• Jim Chambers

You probably need a compatable driver for your D-Link Wifi adapter. Now their trying to communicate but can’t understand eachother.