How can I use my Android phone as a remote control for a set-top box?

Shane L April 4, 2013

I would like to use my Android phone as an STB remote. I downloaded the software on the phone. I have an entone Kamai 400 series.

The problem is that I cannot connect because I don’t know the IP address of the box. It’s not on my router, but it is on a USB modem.

1. Anubhav Mukherjee

Get into the senttings and navigate to network config of your STB. There you may find the IP belonging to your router. Getting the name is not possible though. Further ques.? Mail at anubhav.m@live.in hope it helps...

• Shane L

Good answer but my provider set password on the settings menu

• Anubhav Mukherjee

Heyy,
      Thanx for d compliment, do one thing,
      In that case contact you service provider for the password. That might help. :)

2. Shane La Horie

Sorry i snapped before but there wont be a sticker on the modem with the ip address. and in my country we only have dynamic ip that keep changing. So i kinda lost with what to do.

have you tried ipconfig /all
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314850

• Shane L

Did you even read what i wrote? Let me explain even further. The cable box is not on my router/network its on an independant system with a usb modem for internet.

Thanks for correcting me:) if you have two different IPs then your provider can tell you which one is the usb modem. is there any sticker on the USB modem perhaps to look there.